Last week, The Cat That Walks By Herself nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award… Thank you! I’m really glad you like my blog so much to call it “inspiring.” This was completely unexpected, so it definitely made my day. I’ve actually been nominated for two awards: the Very Inspiring Blogger award last week and the Liebster award this morning. However, I’ll only focus on the first award for this post and do the other award later.
For the Very Inspiring Blogger award, there are a few rules:
- Display the award badge on my blog
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
So without further ado…
Here are 7 facts about me that I realized this past year:
- I’m actually not 5’1.5″ like I’ve been telling people. My doctor told me I’m not even 5’1″. DO YOU KNOW HOW SAD THIS MAKES ME?!
- I will never understand this My Little Pony craze everyone is going on about. (Don’t even get me started on “Bronies.”)
- I might be moving out of my parents’ and aunts’ houses into a condo this summer.
- My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary on May 20.
- I’ve ran out of room for my books on my two bookshelves. Currently they’re just piling up on top of the other books.
- I’ve turned from a messy girl to a girl who enjoys cleaning, purging and organizing. Yes, you read that correctly. Enjoys. (You can blame my boyfriend for that one.)
- I’m never satisfied. There’s always something I can do, something I can fix about myself, something to fret about.
And now that you’re pitying the short, all-in-a-flutter girl that I am, I shall divert your attention to the 10 blogs I now nominate for this award (yes, I’m aware I’m five short):
- Book, Interrupted – I loved her meme redesigns so much, it inspired me to make my own too!
- Alice in Readerland – Just this name alone sparks your imagination.
- Sarah Says Read – She wrote a pretty fantastic post on Harry Potter.
- Words for Worms – She was featured on Freshly Pressed for a reason.
- By George! – She lives in New York City and a journalism graduate. She’s basically me. Except in NYC. Why wouldn’t I love her blog?
- Strung Out On Books – I love her layout. So much.
- Adventures in my Head – Love her sense of humour, and we think alike.
- A Bookish Heart – She’ll be studying in the UK in the fall, leaving her books behind. That’s what I call a true daredevil.
- Book.Blog.Bake. – My three favourite things all compiled in this beautiful blog.
- For the Love of Bookshops – Her life and her words are enchanting.
Thanks once again for the award and please check out my own nominees! They each are wonderful in their own way and deserve a peek