Off the Page
(A.K.A. my non-blogging life)
What’s been happening in my life?
My week’s been kind of dull, not going to lie…
What has made me smile?
Well, it’s my last week at work. Finally! I’m glad to be done on Friday. I’ll miss the money, but I’m glad to be leaving for Mexico next Monday and then going back to school.
Also this. I love Tumblr.
What news story caught my attention?
The whole thing going on it Egypt just blows my mind… 600 people died on Wednesday during the clashes and 60 people died on Friday. There are so many terrible things happening around the world. I just really don’t understand how it’s so easy to kill someone.
What tea have I been drinking?
I’ve actually been drinking coffee this week. Shocker, I know. But it’s soooo good and my aunt makes the best coffee :)
On the Page
(A.K.A. the blogging world)
What books have I added to my to-read list?
- All of Patrick Ness‘ books, starting with The Knife of Never Letting Go and A Monster Calls
- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- White Space by Ilsa Bick
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Un Lun Dun by China Mieville
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- There You’ll Find Me by Jenny Jones
- Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck
- Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- A Long, Long Time Ago and Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka
- Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- Eve by Anna Carey
- Slated by Teri Terry
PHEW. That is A LOT.
What posts I’ve written last week:
- A list of my top ten favourite books set on a beach
- A book review on Jojo Moyes’ newest book, The Girl You Left Behind
- A discussion on our bookish quirks
Five posts around the blogosphere I’ve loved:
- The Creative Cesspool takes a look into what makes a good villain
- A Blighted One kicks off her new feature by talking about where her passion for reading came from (Looking forward to being a part of this feature in September!)
- The Perpetual Page Turner continues her Friday Fun posts by sharing her YA life through book titles (I can’t wait to do this next weekend!)
- Little Book Star discusses whether we book bloggers read for pleasure or not
- Book, Blog, Bake tells us how book blogging gave her confidence (It’s such an amazing post, guys!)
Great new blogs I’m following that I think you should all check out:
So that’s my week in review. How about you?