This past week I was nominated for the Kreativ Blogger and Versatile Blogger Awards by collecthemomentsonebyone! I am so happy that people actually read and enjoy my blog — it’s always nice to know your work is being appreciated. So thank you to all my followers and non-followers who read my posts and comment on what I write about. I’ve said this so many times before, but I created Bookmark Review to gather all bookworms together and to have fun while discussing topics we really are passionate about. So on that note, I’m going to go forward with my part of this award…
So with this award, I am supposed to write 10 random facts about myself. Here goes:
- I am obsessed with the Jane Austen/Victorian/Edwardian era. I know for a fact that if reincarnation exists, I lived during that time period because I have such an undeniable connection to those years. I love the fashion, the simplicity of life, the balls, the language (which, even though it was still English, the words were more elegant and intelligent), the gentlemen… simply everything. Except, perhaps, the lack of independence most women had back then.
- Star Wars is better than Star Trek. Just saying.
- I want to be a bestselling author one day but have yet to complete a book… I will one day though. I have the idea in my mind, know exactly what I want — so it will happen. The “bestselling” part is up to the readers.
- I could spend my whole day watching movies or reading and not feel like I wasted my time.
- I am crazy about all things paranormal. In grade 5, I only used to read ghost stories and that love of other-worldly things (like ghosts, demons, etc.) has continued to my ripe old age of 20. When I graduate from university in a year, I plan on going on a ghost hunt. So excited.
- I’m half East Indian but have never been to India. Before my grandpa (or Nanaji, as I call him) passed away last month, we had planned for him to take my sister and I to India as soon as she graduated from high school. I love being able to say that I’m part Indian because I absolutely love the culture, the music, the clothes, the films — everything about India.
- I’m a Scorpion. And based on what people say Scorpios are (passionate, loyal, observant, obsessive, prefer to be alone…), I think I’m well suited for the sign.
- I wish we could go back to the time of no computers. I hate that I’m constantly on it for school or fun. I wish I could be more like people in the past, where the imagination/nature/writing letters/walking about/meeting people were the highlights of the day. The Internet has given us many opportunities (without it, I wouldn’t have this blog or The Student’s Life) but sometimes I wish I could just stop everything and leave the computer behind.
- I have a double-jointed thumb. Just like Nanaji.
- My dream/goal is to live and work in New York City. There’s just something about that place that I just can’t get enough of. Either there or a small, more natural place like Maine or Victoria. Europe would be amazing, too. Either way, I want to write for a living.
Now, because I’ve been nominated for these Awards, I am also to nominate a few of my most favourite blogs. I know you’ll enjoy them just as much as I do. Here are my nominations: